TLC Academy Vision:
"Preparing students for a successful tomorrow."
Participation in the TLC Academy will help students develop the skills they need to be prepared and competitive in college and career through direct instruction and experiences such as:
- Transferable work place skills (resume & interview)
- Field experience (over 100 hours spent working in a classroom)
- Building trust & relationships with adult mentors
- Academic success through goal setting
Developing college and career skills in community-minded students while building a seamless bridge to life after high school.
Teaching and Learning Careers Academy will give students an opportunity to explore careers in education while preparing them for college and providing a close, personal learning environment. Being in TLC does NOT mean a student definitely wants to be a teacher! While all TLC students must work with students as reading buddies and eventually as Interns, there are many transferable career skills that will be gained via the TLC experience. It is: "Experience you can take anywhere." For example, all TLC students are given career preparation skills such as resume building and interview skills.
· Child Development - TLC
· Or Biology or AP Biology, AP Environmental Science, or AP Psychology
· TLC Core (Junior Year): Job Shadow off campus at local school.
· Internship (4 mornings per week at local school) * TLC CORE (Junior Year) is the prerequisite for Internship